Youtube and the 7-Day Video Challenge 2008

As I expressed in my last post about recovering some old photos from the '80's, I was going through my old MySpace pages trying to salvage old photos. After MySpace, I hit my Photobucket accounts (they've gone from "Free" to $400 per year. Uh, that ain't happening. Sorry.). While dunging out Photobucket, I came across a video of something from my years at The Fresno Bee (I feel a post about those days coming soon... Hint. Hint.). I downloaded it, but thought I must have it on my YouTube account as well. I do, but while on YouTube, I noticed that my older videos are "disappearing" from my list of videos. WHAT!?! I guess everyone's memories can't be stored forever--even on YouTube.

The last video on my list o' videos is Part 6 of a 7-Day Video Challenge I did in 2008. Where were the other 5 parts...or anything else that came before then? Vanished...

I looked through old emails and lo' and behold I found links to the rest of the 7-Day Video Challenge. They are no longer on my directory of created videos but they have not been deleted entirely (yet). They are nothing great, but in order to keep from "losing them" forever (well, until YouTube zaps them into oblivion and/or Blogger ceases to exist), I thought I'd post them here for safe keeping.

Here they are---but you really may be better off NOT watching:

Day #1:
This is the first and my favorite of the batch. None of these are hi-resolution, but what can I do about it now? This shows a typical day in my life while I was an employee of The Fresno Bee and while big ol' Boo was still alive (He had just about a year left...).


Day #2:
Day #2 is a whole lot of nothing---with a teaser for Day #3, in a sense. Whoopie...


Day #3:
This is kind of all over the place, The beginning rambles. First I have to do a sinus rinse...and then I babble on about the boxes that were introduced in Day #2 and what they are for. The best part of the video (a night out) starts at the 5:09 mark. (If you watch it, this is one of those videos where you need to keep watching even after "The End" flashes on the screen for one last little goodie.)


Day #3- Supplement: 
This is just a look at the framed movie posters I had in my collection at that time (most of them, anyway. I did accidentally leave a few out).


Day #4:
I address and use what is in the box and show you the results. Oh boy... 


Day #5:
Another mess. It jumps around--there's no focus. Is it about trash? Is it about framing posters? Is it about Boo the aging wonder dog? You decide.


Day #6:
This is a tour inside the workings of The Fresno Bee. Just days after I shot this (perhaps because I did shoot this?), all of these back areas were deemed OFF LIMITS except for authorized personnel. Glad I shot it all when I did (even though it's herky-jerky) because I am no longer there and The Bee no longer prints anything at the Fresno location (it's all done in Sacramento and trucked down here).


Day #7:
This is some quick, silly, trying to be stylized/spooky little nothing to round out the series.


And there you have the original 7-Day Video Challenge. Snore. Lost from YouTube oblivion (maybe) and forever (Ha!) stored here. I'll have to "rescue" other videos of mine before they, too, disappear.

CHEERS!

Comments