Return to TRIANGLE BURGERS: Let's Visit The Other Locations!

A while back, I visited Triangle Burgers Drive In, the last vintage burger joint left in Fresno. (Read about it HERE.) Triangle started in 1963 and only recently started to expand with other locations. Currently there are four restaurants. I thought it might be fun to see what they are like...

Triangle #2:



This location opened a few years ago. I have been through the drive thru, but had never visited the inside until recently. Clearly successful (Otherwise the other two wouldn't have come along), this location should continue to do well. This location is in the site of a former Foster's Freeze and is just yards from a high school. The large parking lot enables the place to host vintage car shows, which it does often.

The inside is surprisingly spacious and there is a large fenced-in patio if you'd rather eat outside.




The burgers were the same...tasty. But is it my imagination or are the patties smaller than they used to be?


The decor or having 45's stuck up in the ceiling and the red neon are carry overs from the original location. The fun 50's ambience is also evident.






753 E Barstow Ave. 
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 224-1950


Triangle #3:


The third location took over an old Wendy's near the airport. Running across it was a complete surprise. I spotted it while dropping my mom off for her flight back to Washington a few months back. I couldn't help but stop in on the way back. This was the first of the satellite locations I visited (on the inside). Aside from the cool original, this is, I think, my favorite location.





Why did i like this location the best of the three new branches? I don't know, exactly. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Also, this was my first experience in a "new" Triangle Burger (and you always remember your first time).


The booths here have nicer looking period-looking seats. 


The red neon is also back. All of the chrome is a nice touch as well. 





4915 E McKinley Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 374-5646


Triangle #4:

The newest location was also a total surprise. Filling the space that was formerly occupied by a country breakfast establishment, this Triangle is conveniently closer to my house than any other location. And it just appeared out of seemingly no where. One day the breakfast place was there. The next day it was gone. The next day (or so it seemed) the Triangle was in its place. In fact, the place is so new that, as of this writing, it's not even mentioned on the Triangle Burgers Drive In website (click HERE).





I love the checkerboard floor (another carry over from the original location), all of the vintage-looking chrome and red Naugahyde seating. It was fun, clean and friendly.





If the food and the ambience don't attract diners, the arcade may be a draw for people who've just left the movie theater right across the street.




Of all of the locations, I think I worry about this one's success the most. Hidden behind an F.Y.I. music/movie store in a tiny strip mall, the breakfast place that failed there was part of a larger local chain that is very popular. Also, about a block west of this location, is a place called Fat Jacks. Fat Jacks is also a 50's themed burger place that even has car hop service. (Here is a short video I made of Fat Jack's several years ago. You can view it HERE.). Sure, Triangle has a sparklingly cool look, but Fat Jacks has the advantage of being in the same location for years and being more visible from the street (and those car hops). Fingers crossed they BOTH survive.




240 W Shaw Ave.
Clovis, CA 93612
(559) 472-3049





Comments

Pooja Pandey said…
Thanks for sharing this blog. I want some information on fun facts about burgers. Please share if you have any.