How big of a GEEK am I?

How big of a GEEK am I? I'm a H-U-G-E geek! Oh my GAWD!
So... Not long after getting a MySpace, I found Geri Reischl on here. Geri was the "Fake Jan" on "The Brady Bunch Variety Hour" back in the 70s.



Anyway, before I got bogged down with work, she and I had hit it off and chatted a lot. She was going to be at this celebrity autograph thing in the fall and again in January. I couldn't make the fall show, but promised to go in January. Since then, life has gotten busier and busier and I don't get to chat with Geri all that much any more and that funny rapport has sort of withered from not being in touch so much. But, I promised to go...
Originally we talked about going to Disneyland together as well as the autograph gig:
http://www.celebritymeetandgreet.com/index1.html
I certainly do NOT expect her to do that now. She hardly knows me and, like I said, we haven't had much time to chat in the last few months. However, I STILL have planned my trip to include a trip to Disneyland as well. I'm going to rent a car Thursday evening (the 11th), get up at 3:30 and be on the road at 4 a.m. (UGH!) on Friday (12th) to go to Disneyland. Spend the night at the hotel where the celebrity thing will be (I have reserved a room with 2 queen-sized beds) and go to the celeb thing the next morning (13th) before heading home.
Okay--my whole trip itinerary and the fact I'm even doing this as a promise to a "fake" Brady I've never met kind of spells me out as big a major G-O-O-B-E-R, but the thing that really, really, REALLY makes me PATHETIC is that I can NOT find anyone to go with me! Is it the getting up at 3:30 a.m. thing? Going to Disneyland (at my age--Shhh! I'm 41, but do NOT tell anyone!--WHO goes to Disneyland unless they have kids?)? Or just the whole celebrity autograph thing (filled with stars whose careers are NOT shining nearly as bright as they once were... I mean Cissy from the original "Family Affair"?? Lydia Cornell from "Too Close For Comfort"?? And I've NEVER heard of Chuck Williams or Mario Della Casa or many others that are going to be there!)??? Or maybe the whole short trip in general is why my friends are telling me NO, they do NOT want to go with me... Hmmm... But I am BOUND and DETERMINED to GO!!! And that makes me Lord God King GEEK for a DAY (well, 2 days actually...)
I'll find SOMEONE to go with me---even if I have to post a bulletin on MySpace! Ha!
And up until about 2 weeks ago, I wasn't all that excited. But I sooooo am now! And, hello? I PROMISED Geri (even though she'll find me dull and less than interesting...and probably very over zealous! Ha!) I'd go and more importantly, I promised MYSELF I would go! Dammit, I'm going to go!
HOLLYWOOD (actually Buena Park), here I come!



Cheers!

Comments