My mom--the movie! Taken from home movies






Not that you want to see this---but, like the one I did on my grandparents, here is a video about my mom, taken from home movies.

There wasn't much footage of my mom when she was young, amazingly. She goes from about 6 or 7 to 17 in the video---with nothing in between. My mom married my father in 1963 at the age of 17. She had me at age 19 in 1965, my brother at 21 in 1967. The video ends in 1969 at Christmas time. My father had left my mother (for another woman...something he would do again and again throughout his life, being married 6 or 7 or maybe 8 times altogether) and her father, my grandfather, would be dead just days after that Christmas. But my mom was and continues to be amazing. Alone and raising two small children, she went back to school, became a nurse, married again and did very well for herself (more so than my father ever was).

In the video you will see that my mother had a sense of fashion in the 60s I never knew about. She was fond of Capri pants apparently and at one point can be briefly seen as a blonde. Work it, Mom!

Some of the material in the video is repeated from the previous video...but it's far shorter.  Watch or don't:









Comments