An IMDB page of my own...

When I was a kid and even into young adulthood, it was a fantasy of mine to somehow be involved in the movie and television world. My passion for movie posters stems from that, but was not enough to satisfy that unspoken hope for a bit of the immortality of being in the movies or on TV.  In high school, this dream persisted, but I knew I was not talented enough or good looking enough to succeed. I certainly was not brave enough to even go to Hollywood and TRY it. As time went on, although I have been fairly happy with my quirky life, there has always been that little nagging longing to have been a part of movie history in some fashion.

With the advent of the internet and the discovery of the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB), that nagging disappointment of unfulfilled dreams sort of found a focus. If I could get myself an IMDB page, I'd have fulfilled a bit of an impossible dream...however meagerly. Finally, sometime in my 40's, I realized that if I ever wanted this to become a reality, however marginally, I'd have to be pro-active and do something about it.

And I did. I actually was up on the silver screen and co-directed a movie. That movie was the experimental "LIFE IN A DAY" in which Youtube users were asked to film their day and submit their videos. The day selected for this event, July 24, 2010, was not the most interesting day of my life...but it was what it was. I did the best I could and filmed what I could. (The "special edition" of that video--special because I added music to make it less boring--can be viewed in its entirety HERE.) To my surprise, I was notified that the producers wanted to use a portion of my video in the film. Zowie!

Don't blink. If you ever see "LIFE IN A DAY" (which, despite my participation, I thought was rather well done), you may have spotted me in my screen debut...taking a dump. O' the glamour of it all.


At the 12 minute and 16 second mark, you can see me sitting on the toilet, reading a book. I am sporting a GODZILLA T-shirt (which was given to me from eMovieposter.com after one of their special Halloween auctions). I filmed almost everything that day---but had a feeling, once I heard from the producers, that my going to the bathroom was going to be the moment from my entry that they'd select. And I was correct. (You can watch the entire "LIFE IN A DAY" movie HERE.)

The film debuted in 2011. Embarrassing or not (and really, you can NOT even see my whole face), that brief moment in the film --- and the amazing fact that they gave all of the participants in the film co-director credit -- was enough to establish my own IMDB page. But it never materialized... Hmm.

Since then, other opportunities have presented themselves. I contributed to a Kickstarter fundraiser for the 2013 documentary "I AM DIVINE" about John Water's 300 lb transvestite muse...and received an onscreen "thank you" a couple of years back. That also qualifies as an IMDB credit. There was also the 2016 short film "CLOWN MOTEL" that I was credited as an associate producer on. That would be another IMDB credit. As I write this, it is August 2017. Any day/month/year now, "GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS 2012" will be coming out. I am actually IN that (Hopefully. Supposedly. Maybe.)  It's not a speaking part, but I do "act' (if you can call it that) in it (if it ever comes out). That will be yet one more credit. And, believe it or not, there a few other credits coming my way. I know they are not much, but where the heck is my IMDB page? Hmm.

The other day I decided to look into it myself. Oh. You have to create your own. Duh. (But who made Joan Crawford's or Clark Gable's? Ha!)  So, I went about doing as the instruction says. I guess the IMDB people had to check references, but it's up!  I have my own little IMDB page. The link is HERE, but this is what it looks like (to save you the trouble of visiting):


I've been trying to add pictures, but so far none have been approved or whatever. Nothing has shown up yet. I've added the toilet screen shot from "LIFE IN A DAY", but for my basic head shot, I didn't know what to use. i didn't want anything from the hospital or with another person. Although it is a few years old, I've opted (for now) the photo below as my the one that will represent me on the page. You have to link your photos from a hosting site. After my recent disaster with Photobucket, I am leary of hosting sites disappearing. So, what I've done, is link the photos on THIS page...from this BLOG. If the blog disappears, so do the photos on my IMDB page (if they ever show up, that is).


So I may not be appearing in the next summer blockbuster any time soon (read: EVER), at least I have the tiniest of places in entertainment history...and it is forever (hopefully) recorded on IMDB. Hooray!

CHEERS!

Comments