How did you spend the solar eclipse?

I work in a children's hospital. One of the things I often do in my department is find a reason to celebrate. I'll buy everyone cookies, ice cream, coffee or bring in special treats. If nothing else, it helps get us through the long 12-hour days. I couldn't let the eclipse of August 21, 2017 go by without SOME modicum of fun and frivolity. The eclipse kind of caught me off guard (even though I've known about it for months). So, I improvised with cookies from the cafeteria. These were not just any cookies though. These were "eclipse cookies". Read the box for more info:



Nurse pratitioner Sharon

I often insist on taking pictures of everyone when I do one of these treat days. This day was no different. So you'll see pictures of people with cookies mixed in with the rehabilitation department staff experiencing the eclipse. 

Recreational therapist Alexis scored the eclipse glasses.

PNE (Paid Nurse Extern) Taylor

Kari RN

Janae HUC (Health Unit Coordinator)

Dawn---I'm not exactly sure of her title, but she is the one who finds the patients for rehab around the valley.

Carla - PCT (Patient Care Technician)

Mohinder - Senior RT (Respiratory Therapist)

Dustin RN traveler

Alexis looks through her solar specs

Dawn takes a gander

Dustin checks it out.

Janae looks on.

Me in eclipse glasses with my eclipse cookie.

Physical Therapist Mike 

Epie from Housekeeping

Sam(antha) RN

Carla in awe.

Kristen (Occupational therapist) and Alexis look at the phenomenon

Sam and Janae

PCT Dena loves her new look.

I think this guy's name is Anthony and I think he's from housekeeping.

Get Dena a cookie.

Heather our newest RT

As the eclipse went on, more people came out to see it.

There were patients out watching as well, but i was not allowed to get photos of them. 

I got a peek as well.

Four therapists, (L to R) Alexis, Kristin (OT), Chelsea (PT), and Kristen looking up.

Jacque (charge nurse) is excited.

Juliann (Social Worker) is stunned.

Kati (Social Worker) is excited.

Chelsea grabs a cookie.

Brent (PT) looks perplexed.

Sandy RN 

Stephanie educator

Kari and Taylor take the eclipse fun back inside.
And the cookies are gone...

But the PM shift whined and whined...so I got MORE!
Sam grabbed one.

Alicia (PCT and chief whiner) has her milk ready.

Gerdeep case manager

Bao HUC

Miriam PCT

Lee PCT

Alexis grabs a cookie to go.

Miriam looks out of this world.

Alicia missed the eclipse, but...

April housekeeping

Marie Night RN

Cynthia PCT

Diana Night RN

Megan Night RN traveler

That was kind of it. I hope you enjoyed the eclipse where ever you are.

CHEERS!

Comments