Fun at Work #3


Mandy, Anna, Jacque and Sandy

Unlike the previous two entries about the fun times we have at Valley Children's Hospital, I decided that this installment would be about activities I was NOT actively responsible for.  So, no Jelly Belly "cocktail parties" or strange "Moon Cheese" samplings. Instead these are events that just happened that were memorable or just random pictures. Let's take a look:

UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS:
One of my co-workers, Melaney, had the (not so) brilliant idea of having an Ugly Christmas Sweater Day during the holidays. I was coerced into doing it as well. However, I thought we had to MAKE our own tacky sweater. I ran out to a thrift store, bought a cheap, used sweater vest. Then I bought some decorations and some hot glue and went to work. Voila! My contribution can be seen below...next to Melaney in her store-purchased sweater. Ha! Mandy, further below, also made her own sweater, too.

Melaney and I -- Ugly sweatered out!

Mandy, Me and Mel...the three Hos (Ho Ho and Ho!)

CHARACTER VISITS:
Once in a blue moon, we get invaded...by people in costume! EEEK!

Star Wars and comic superheroes meet Jen and Janae. Who will win?

Chewbacca (!?!) and me.

CHRISTMAS:
I'm not sure when this was. 2014? 2015? Rehab always gets into the holiday spirit. It's fun for the patients...and for US.

Alexis

Tom

Silvina and Santa

Janae, Mike, Alexis (in a Mike sweater--Ha!), and Bao

THANKSGIVING:
As a relatively new nurse, I've worked all of the holidays pretty much (except for Thanksgiving 2015, when i was out after having knee surgery). This was Thanksgiving 2014 and it was one of the BEST Thanksgivings ever. I had to work and all of my family lives in Washington state now. Why not work? i had nothing better to do. The Rehab team pulled together and created a great little Thanksgiving feast. I was ever so happy to have celebrated it with my new rehab "family".

Carla 

Juan

Felicia

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. (Dena, Felicia, me, Kristina, Juan, Melaney, Christina and Carla front and center)


With Kirsten, who I ran into at the hospital and had not seen for decades--since she was a kid. Her mom and my mom used to work together at the old Valley Children's Hospital years ago and were friends. Who knew their kids would grow up and follow in their footsteps?

Me, Anna, Michele, Mike and Tom

Rehab ladies: Bao, Anna, Melaney, Magen, Kristi, Jaspreet

A sparkle mask for Mike


With Anita (on her last day?)

Michele, Rita, Mandy, Christina, Anita, Melaney and Reggie

Anna is growing a new head

The four most beautiful people on the planet: Miss Fresno County, Miss California, me, and Miss North Valley Regional.

Droplet precautions


Anna, Karen, and Mandy
"George" and Me

Comments