MORE Fun at Work


Mike (RN) and Anna (RN) sample Astronaut Ice Cream


I thought I'd share more of our monotony-breaking (sort of) special days at work. The photo above is the only shot I can find from Astronaut Ice Cream Day where we sampled freeze-dried ice cream (weird). Anyway, here are some other special days I brought to the unit:

MOON CHEESE DAY:
There were actually two Moon Cheese Days--one for each flavor I came across and bought. There was a cheddar Moon Cheese day and one for another flavor (mozzarella?). However, I could only find one photo of the white cheese Moon Cheese day. Moon Cheese is (was?) some strange product made from 100% cheese that, like astronaut ice cream,  has been freeze-dried. Oooo so space age-y.

Anna (right) enjoyed the white Moon Cheese. Melaney (left) not so much...

Hillary (RN from another unit)

Kari (RN)

Melaney (RN) so not pleased with even the aroma of Moon Cheese.

Juan (PCT) is amused.

Silvina (Former PCT now HUC) sampled a piece.


NATIONAL ALIEN ABDUCTIONS DAY:
It was National Alien Abductions Day (Really. Google it.), so I decided to bring...NOT donuts, but U.F.O.-nuts. Ha! Mandy joined into the fun and made alien masks. 


Not unlike the crash in Roswell, this UFO-nut took off and crashed right in my mouth! Shocking!

CJ (PCT)

Mandy (RN)

Analicia (Night RN)

Tamra (Night RN)

Lily (Former PCT now RN)

Anna (RN)

E.T.? No, it's Mandy.

Anna and Mandy



NATIONAL TOOTH FAIRY DAY:
Yes, that is another REAL day. Google it. This is one of those (many) times when the cafeteria cookies came in handy.


Victor (RN from Explorer)

Me-eeeek!

Ben (PCT now working in a prison) and Alicia (PCT)

CJ (PCT)

Dana (RT)

Jen (PCT)

HAWAII DAY:
Back in 2015 I had surgery on my knee. I was off of work for 3 months. During that time I went to Maui (which you can read about starting HERE), for an ill-advised trip (my doctor said i'd be okay... ARGH!). When I came back to work I brought some goodies I got for everyone from the islands. Everyone got lei-ed first (plastic leis) and then there were macadamia nuts and various chocolate macadamia nuts and candied pineapple, etc. Take a look:


Jen (PCT now in the clinics) and Janae (HUC)

Jerry (PCT)

Carla (PCT)

Silvina (Former PCT now HUC)

Lauren (RN now working in the Bay Area. I have her couch. Thanks, Lauren! miss you.)

Anna (RN)
SURPRISE ICE CREAM DAY:
I don't recall what day we were celebrating--if there was any celebration going on at all or if I just decided to surprise everyone--but not long after discovering the Boomerang app, I made a bunch of Boomerang videos. One batch of Boomerangs was this ice cream day. I've put the day together in the form of a video (because this blog won't upload the Boomerangs themselves). The music isn't the best, but here it is:



And that's it for this time. Next time I show stuff from work, instead of just showing people holding/eating food for some celebration, I think I'll show just random shots / video of the department having fun.

Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!


Comments