More Long Forgotten Articles...

I've come across even more articles that I am responsible for, er...that I authored. Hmm. I look back on my Bee career fondly, but some of the stuff I wrote...I have no memory of.

Barbara Morgan? I know I wrote this, but I have no memory of it...and had no idea who Barbara Morgan is/was until i came across this. Ha! An astronaut from Fresno. Who knew?



The people in my department kind of fell into writing the same kind of articles over and over and over again. For me, I was always the one writing the travel stories, the celebrity stories and the food stories. I also somehow became the one who did the stuff for Senior Living, including all of the articles on those local oldsters who made it to 100 years of age. Here is one of those articles.



As I said, I usually ended up doing the travel stories. My assignment was based off of then-recent holiday movie called "Four Christmases". I was to come up with four alternatives to a regular Christmas at home. Okay... The article was CRAP (I still think so), but it became the cover story (must have been a lame issue) and I used my friend David Rogerson, who lives in Australia, as a source.






I did an article on new cars? Oh geez! I can just imagine how awful it is....since I know NOTHING about cars. NOTHING!





Because I liked all things movie/TV, I became the celebrity guy. The magazine we produced had a section in it every month called Famous Faces where we discussed someone with ties to the area. This time it was Rafer Johnson, the former Olympian turned actor.


Oh god... A food article. Normally I wouldn't mind, but an article on cupcakes? Puh-LEEZ! Spare me.




Finally, one more celebrity article for the road. Here is a piece on Ken Curtis, who played Festus on the old "Gunsmoke" series. He only lived in the area a short time, but there is a statue of him (in character as Festus) in Old Town Clovis.




Comments