Quick leg/feet update #5


I had my post-never conduction test follow up appointment today with my neurologist, Dr. Wolf. I hadn't seen him since 2015...so I had to fill him in on the whole sage again. The nerve conduction test was normal. But all that means is that the network of nerves works. It doesn't mean that the signals they are receiving are correct, though.

I told Dr. Wolf about Dr. Suri's (guy who gave me the nerve test) thoughts about the cause being heavy metals or chemicals somehow. I also put it out there that my uncle on my mother's side had a brain tumor. While he doesn't feel a brain tumor would be the cause for my symptoms, he is going to have me have an MRI to check it out. After that, he says he plans to do a 24-hour urine collection test for heavy metals.


He says I do have ataxia (Duh!) (Ataxia definition: Ataxia is a neurological sign consisting of lack of voluntary coordination of muscle movements that includes gait abnormality. Ataxia is a non-specific clinical manifestation implying dysfunction of the parts of the nervous system that coordinate movement, such as the cerebellum.), but beyond that he is clueless for the moment, having just dived back into my case after nearly 3 years away from it. He is requesting my most recent lab work from my primary doctor (which was done in about August or September) and, with the MRI, he'll go from there. 

In other news, i put myself back on the blood pressure med (Atenolol) that Dr. Gardner told me to stop taking for a while to see if that had caused my problems. I didn't see a difference without the med...but I also noticed my blood pressure going up without it. It had been a month since I had stopped it, so on Sunday---I started it again. I was afraid I'd stroke out.

That's really all I have to report now, except that the doctor's secretary called. She's already gotten the authorization from my insurance for the MRI and is calling my hospital (where all of our labs/x-rays/etc have to be done for insurance reasons...even though it is a children's hospital) to set up the appointment. Amazing! Since I left less than an hour ago.

That's all I know for now.

CHEERS!

The next update is HERE.

Comments