FLASHBACK: I was a zombie for the Red Cross during Zombie Crawl 2012

While going through and deleting old email, I came across this one. It was written during the end of nursing school when I was in my community health class and briefly details an event I helped the Red Cross with--- Zombie Crawl 2012. The email included some photos, but I had taken several that night and made a little video of the zombie hordes I encountered. I'll attach it below. Here is the email:


Last night I had another clinical gig for my Community Health class. It was with the Red Cross and we had a booth at bar in the Tower District. The event was to tie in with the 3rd annual (how did I miss the first two?) Zombie Crawl. So, we dressed accordingly (in zombie attire) and gave out Zombie Survival Kits (there are photos of it and the contents below). The kits had general emergency information ---this IS the Red Cross after all--but also had silly zombie-themed fun stuff such as a little bag of blood (candy) and mini-glow sticks and even a goofy zombie eye patch!





There were also (educational) games for more prizes.  Best part, we could DRINK!  Ha!  I actually only had ONE drink--and that was BEFORE the Zombie Crawl started (because I knew I'd be busy). I, a zombie, ordered a zombie to drink ('natch!  The other option was a Corpse Reviver, but the bartender had NO IDEA what that was?  Hello? He needs to go right back to cocktail school. As it was my zombie, although strong, was not the yummy concoction it should have been...earning a "just okay" seal-of-somewhat-approval from me. I drank it, but...).

Anyway, here are photos of zombie me--with my zombie (cocktail) and with two of my zombie classmates that also showed up.






CHEERS!



Comments