HOUSE OF THE GORGON---YOU can help finance this movie!

This morning, I became a "backer" of an IndieGoGo project to fund a low-budget horror flick to be called "HOUSE OF THE GORGON". YOU can help, too. The film is to star former scream queens and Bond girls CAROLINE MUNRO and MARTINE BESWICK alongside Hammer Films veterans VERONICA CARLSON and CHRISTOPHER NEAME. It will be written, directed, produced and co-starring someone named JOSHUA KENNEDY.



I first learned about this project via an email from some horror website (Classic Horror Film Board)  I apparently had registered for a long while back. They've only recently been sending out email updates and this was in one of them. There is a lot of info about the film in the link below:



Although no link to the Indiegogo page was shown, I tracked it down. The link is below:



While some of the more expensive packages enticed me, I opted for the $50 option. I am flat broke (he is running this campaign at Christmas time? HELLO?). I would have just went the basic $25 route, but the poster---even though it is smaller than I'd like it to be---called to me (poster whore that I am...). That was in the $50 package. Sold!

At this writing, the project has only reached 9% of it's goal ( $64,000). They have a month left, but...  While I don't know if they'll succeed making that amount (they could...), I am sure the movie will get made. This Kennedy guy really has the drive. If you watched the promotional video for the campaign, you'll see how much he loves the Hammer film "THE GORGON" (to which this is an unauthorized sequel, of sorts...at least it appears to be). He has also made several other films...so it's not his first time in the director's seat. Having the actors he has chosen involved is a huge plus for the project (and the biggest expense). Kennedy also reminds me in a way of James Balsamo, the writer, director, actor, producer fellow I ran into at the last Hollywood Show who was pushing his DVDs. He had such moxie and drive and confidence, I couldn't help but support him (and I still haven't even watched his video yet! Ha!) (You can read about him HERE. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way---just before the tiki bar).

Anyway, I'll give him and his project a try. Best of luck to you, Mr. Kennedy.

CHEERS!

Some of Joshua Kennedy's previous efforts on DVD.

Comments