I'm having a CONTEST on my blog! Will YOU win?

I've decided to have a contest on my blog---just for fun. Yes, there WILL be PRIZES (I'll get to those in a moment). Why am I doing this? When I started this blog, I had no idea what it was going to be about, no direction to take it in, etc. It didn't last long and died. When I resurrected it a few months back, it was to supplement my email. It allowed me to write my long travelogue-esque emails, complete with photos, and NOT clog up my and everyone I wrote to's emails. That has been very freeing for me---and a great way to preserve my memories. I've also been able to share my movie poster collection on a separate page of the blog. Everyone else may be annoyed with my blog, but I am happy with it. Sure, no one reads it (unless I send out links), but I don't really care.

Except I kind of do. Occasionally, I'll notice that something I've posted on here and have not told anyone about will have been viewed. WHO is looking at these posts? I find that...weird. The blog is by and large for me---a type of journal and a place to "save" parts of my past. Sure, the "email" blog posts have views, but others I tell no one about?  There are still views. I don't care that anyone has looked....I just didn't expect anyone to look.

So, I thought, why not run a contest, one that is totally un-publicized, not shared on any link (that I've posted anyway), and that is just dropped on the blog and completely abandoned (until the deadline). Would one of these mysterious viewers see it? Would they bother to enter? Hmm.

PRIZES:

One lucky (eh!) winner will receive these (not-so-) FABULOUS PRIZES! The winner will get the CD soundtrack album to "THE DARK HOUR" with music by Alfons Conde, the CD soundtrack to "REC 3" by Mikel Salas, the CD soundtrack to "THE PRESENCE" by Conrad Pope, the Something Weird Video DVD presentation of "Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks" and the 10-movie DVD set called "Sons of Kong" (featuring "The Ape", "Bela Lugosi Meets the Brooklyn Gorilla". "The Gorilla", "The Ape Man", "Bride of the Gorilla", "Savage Girl", "The White Gorilla", "Law of the Jungle", "White Pongo" and "Mabonga"), which comes with a nifty built-in pop-up.  Ooooooo...

The photos below are of the actual prizes. All prizes are new and factory sealed.
















OFFICIAL RULES:

1. To enter, you must leave a comment AND check that you would like follow-up comments sent to you (so that the winner may be notified). OR you must leave a comment with your email address included if you do not want to have follow-up comments emailed to you.

2. One entry per person.

3. I realize these are not the most fantastic prizes ever. However there is NO CASH VALUE should the winner decide he/she does not want them. 

4. I am not responsible for the quality of the CD/DVD recordings nor their source material.

5. All entries must be received by October 31, 2018 and a winner will be drawn. 

6. Winner will be drawn at random from an "electronic hat" based on place of entry. (For example, the first comment posted is 1, the 2nd comment is 2, etc.)

7.  Winner will be notified as a comment response and/or an email, should they chose to include their email in the comments section. If winner is notified by comment response instead of by email, directions on how to claim the prize will appear in the comment. Winner will have 2 weeks to respond or forfeit the prize. In the event of a forfeit, a runner-up winner will be drawn.

8. Contest is open to residents of the USA only. Sorry, I can not send prizes to foreign addresses. Thanks for understanding.

9. Any questions? ASK!

10. Good luck---and thanks for playing.

CHEERS!

Comments