I'm Freaky For Tiki #11: Miscellaneous #2--The Gift of Tiki

Zowie! In the past several weeks, I have been overwhelmed with generosity of some people---all from work. I am speechless (well, almost... Here I am WRITING about it all now.) with their thoughtfulness and simply blown away!  Some of it I've shared before (in the regular blog portion), but it won't hurt to share it again.

A friend (David Rogerson) who lives in Australia went to New Zealand over the holidays and saw this...and knew I had to have it:


It's a little banner. Ha! Who knew Tiki-ness was something you could find down under? Zowie! THANK YOU DAVID!!!!


For Christmas, a wonderful young woman (Anna Yang) who used to work in my department (and who was my preceptor when I first started) and now works nights in the float pool, stopped in and brought me this o' so thoughtful Christmas present, which was completely unexpected. WOW! WOW! WOW! I loved it.



A day or two later, my co-worker Mike Morillo brought Christmas presents for EVERYONE. In addition to a Land's End coat, he got me a set of coasters featuring reproduction artwork from long-gone tiki restaurants and bars in addition to the very cool Ultra Lounge CD. So very thoughtful.


A few days later, he brought me a bonus present. It was a pineapple shaped tiki table torch! Ha!


Then, just last week, he showed up with another box. He said they were gifts from his parents. Inside was some weather-worn metal signs with tiki themes. He spied them in his parents' backyard and asked about them. He was told they had been there since they bought the house (but they don't look that old to me---so who knows how long they have lived there. Not long, I'm guessing...). Worn or not---it was very thoughtful and they are super cool.






Finally, (this really blew me away) a woman (Jen Jensen) who is in the float pool and I've only worked with a handful of times since I've been at the hospital (4 years) brought me this amazing gift. She recently went to San Diego and just before she left, i told her about a new tiki bar hidden inside of a Poke restaurant that you enter through a walk-in freezer in the restaurant's kitchen. She thought I was kidding, but she went and checked it out. She apparently had a groovy time and brought me this awesome gift...  Inside the Good Time Poke bag was...


A cool tiki bowl from the new Grass Skirt tiki bar! ZOWIE! Soooooo cool!





THANK YOU everyone. How wonderful, thoughtful and amazingly nice people can be. I am very touched.

CHEERS and aloha for now!

Comments

Mildred Pierce said…
You are FREAKY, period!!!
Monster A Go-Go said…
Blogger Mildred Pierce said...
You are FREAKY, period!!!

And you, Dah-ling, are a Freaky PERIOD!!!