FLASHBACK: The Great Northwest Road Trip 2016: Part 6

Hi there!

Portland's Saturday Market was HUGE. Several city blocks plus an area along the river, under the freeway. While I'm not big on things like this, I went along anyway (I did buy some greeting cards...that's about it).










​As I mentioned, I'm not really into things like this. Before long, Erich and I were ready to leave---but Ashley wanted to poke around some more. Erich and I went to find an ATM...and saw this guy laying on the ground. Was he homeless and sleeping (at 1 pm)? Dead? Or passed out? (Narcolepsy?) The way he was laying with his back pack and all, it looked like he went down in motion. Weird. (And I know the picture is crappy---but I had to take it on the sly...) There were several people nearby (holding live parrots oddly enough) who may have been with him and were watching over him. Strange...  Anyway, after the ATM, we decided to hang out at this cool little coffee house where Ashley later joined us.







Once Ashley met back up with us, we headed to the Portland Wine Tasting Bar downtown. One of the things we wanted to do but didn't get to was visit the wine making area near Ashley's grandmother's house. The wine bar was a compromise...








From the wine bar, we took Ashley to the airport for her flight home. From there, Erich and I sped off to Washington and the rest of our trip.

Stay tuned!

Comments