My Coronavirus Diary Part 49


There are 3.2 million cases of the coronavirus in the world now. There are more than 233,000 deaths. The USA is looking at 1,067,00 cases and has had nearly 63,000 deaths.


New Jersey had it's deadliest day yet. Wisconsin has seen a spike in cases. South Carolina has surpassed 6,000 cases of the virus.

Dr. Anthony Fauci cautions states about re-opening too quickly.

Michigan has had close to 4,000 deaths and has more than 41,000 cases. Yet, hundreds gathered (some even carrying guns) to protest the stay-at-home orders at the state capitol yesterday. The Republican-led state House of Representatives refuses to extend the governor's stay-at-home order, but the governor still plans to keep Michigan in a state of emergency.



Georgia's stay-at-home orders ended last night at midnight. Even thought the number of cases and deaths continue to rise in the state, the governor is not going to renew those orders. He wants the state open for business again, despite fears from many of the residents there. Fox News reports that two men in Georgia are in the hospital after ingesting cleaning fluids to stave off the virus. Another report shows that a disproportionately amount of those hospitalized in the state  for the virus (80%) so far have been African Americans.



Experts are now predicting two more years of the pandemic plaguing us.

President Trump is looking into ways to punish China for the coronavirus pandemic. The Trump Administration is said to be pressuring its spies to link the coronavirus to the labs in Wuhan China (possibly as a way to steer blame for the devastating outbreak here away from the president). Top intelligence agencies have said repeatedly that the virus is not man-made. Yet the president says he has personally seen evidence of the virus being engineered (but has offered no proof to back up his claims).

Russia is starting to get slammed by the virus. The country just surged past 100,000 cases. Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Hishustin tested positive for the virus. Nurses have been quitting en masse due to conditions they are forced to work in. Hospitals have been placed on lockdown.

Brazil is really starting to get hit hard as the southern hemisphere enters mid-autumn.

A Tyson meat processing plant in Walla Walla County, Washington seems to be a hot spot for virus infection.

A Chicago frontline worker was pulling a 24 hour shift. When she got home, she found out her 26-year-old son had held a house party for 150 people in her absence.



I got a belated birthday card from my friends Cathy and Travis in San Francisco. What a wonderful belated surprise. They included a gift card to Amazon. It was so sweet of them---THANK YOU both so much!


Beyond that, it was kind of slow day in the friend zone. I have no news from anyone I know near or far to share today. I did talk to my mom up on Whidbey Island in Washington. She told me that she got gas recently. With a 90 cent discount from her Safeway Club Card, she only paid like $1.03 a gallon, I think she said. Zowie!

She also sent me a picture of a visitor she had in her backyard yesterday.



I also don't have a lot of creative finds to share today. I went looking on YouTube and found a few things, but nothing all that exciting. These are the best new things I found:

A parody of the song GASTON from Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST:



DAYCARE CLOSED by Chris Mann:


And the holiday classic THE 12 DAYS OF QUARANTINE (at least make it through Day 5...):


My day yesterday was eventful. (Not really, but I did leave the house...). I had to go to the bank to pull more money from my state disability card and put it in my bank account. I went to the bank...and it was surprisingly crowded.


I was wearing my black mask and got a clerk right away. She turned out to be a new teller and had to have someone with her training her...which slowed down the entire transaction. Normally that would be no problem. However, it was warm and sunny and there was pollen in the air. In other words, my allergies were acting up big time. I didn't sneeze (thank goodness), but my right nostril started running big time. Oh god! I could feel it oozing down. I had to flip my face around several times to keep it away from my mouth. EEK!

By the time the teller was finished, I ran to the car, yanked off my mask and wiped all of this snot (the clear kind) off of my face. GROSS! I had to make another stop before going home, but how would I clean the inside of my mask? 

I rubbed the mask on my knee. Then I squirted hand sanitizer in my hand and rubbed it inside of the mask. It wasn't the best solution maybe, but all I could think of at the moment.

From the bank, I hit Costco. There was no line this time and there were more people inside than I would have liked. They had a sign out front showing what they had in stock and what was sold out (no toilet paper again). There were also signs saying that on May 4th the store was going to require all customers to wear a mask. Thank goodness. Unlike my previous trip there, most people were not wearing them this time. 

I didn't stay long. I just wanted a few things. I got some berries and a Costco-sized thing of hamburger (I have no idea what I'll do with it all. Yikes!) I got a few other things as well. 

While near the cheese section, I heard on guy say to another guy he was passing, "Hey, I like your shirt."

I couldn't see what it said, but could see that there was some reference to Trump on it. I went around the corner and down the next row quickly so I could see what it said. It read, "Trump won. Suck it up, Buttercup." 

I was appalled. I realize the president is not responsible for the virus existing, but I hold him and his administration (which did NOTHING to prevent this outbreak for weeks) for the severity of the pandemic in this country and all of the deaths. I can't believe that idiot had the gall to wear that shirt during this crisis. Geez.

Later, when I went to pay bills online, I discovered that the teller in training had botched it and had not pulled out the right amount of money for me. Oh well... I guess I'll have to head back again today. Swell.

Anyway, I need some laughs. I'm going to go and watch some old I LOVE LUCY reruns and eat some strawberries. 


Stay SAFE. Stay SHELTERED. Stay ALIVE.



CHEERS!


Continue to the next part HERE.

Comments

This is a funny one too:
https://london.ctvnews.ca/local-principal-s-pandemic-parody-spreads-smiles-1.4903824
Cheers,
Christa
Monster A Go-Go said…
Thanks, Christa. I'll share the link tomorrow for anyone who misses your comment today. CHEERS!