Leg and Feet Update #4

Yesterday I had a Nerve Conduction Test. Joy. As you'll recall, the last time I saw the vein guy, he seemed to finally LISTEN to me when I told him what was going on. He clued in to the not being able to move my outer toes and declared that this was a neurological problem. He consulted the findings of my previous Nerve Conduction Test and saw that the peroneal nerve, which controls those toes, was functioning at a lower limit than it should be, but was still within normal limits. He thought that was my problem.

So he called Dr. Wolf (my neurologist from Transylvania--not kidding) and talked to him and Dr. Wolf's office set up the repeat Nerve Conduction Test with Dr. Madhav Suri.



As I said, I had had this done to me before and I was prepared to be shocked repeatedly several times in different areas. You can see on my hand that I am holding down a small green electrode thing to my leg, while he holds the tool that does the shocking. OUCH!



OUCH!!!  He also went around my legs with a pin-like thing connected to a wire, stabbing it in to me at various spots.


Afterwards, he took me to another office and explained the test. He said that the nerve cells (neurons) he was testing are like high-powered energy conductors, There are also tiny micro nerve cells. Lets say the big cells carry 20,000 volts. The micro ones carry less than 1 volt. The test only shows how the big cells (neurons) are doing--not the micro ones. The micro ones can only be studied through obtaining biopsies. The Nerve Conduction Test showed I was fine--with the regular neurons. But clearly I am not fine.



He kept asking if I was exposed to chemicals, like through gardening or something,  or if I was a welder (even as a hobby) or ate a lot of fish (Eew! No!). He seems to think that my problem possibly stems from just living in the toxic world we have; that I may have high levels of lead, mercury, or aluminum or SOMETHING in my system. He said he was going to make a suggestion to Dr. Wolf that I be tested for this stuff and put on an anti-oxidant diet (which someone is really going to have to help me with because I know nothing about food ad do not cook).

I have been off of my Atenolol for a while now---thinking (hoping) that might be it. It never occurred to me it might be some other toxic compound in my system causing this. Hmm. I almost hope it is so we can at least find the cause and go from there. 

So the next step is to wait and hear from Dr. Wolf for the follow up. I tried calling, but his office is only open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I'll keep you posted.

CHEERS!

For the next update, click HERE.

Comments