Being BROKE -- an UPDATE!

A while back, I reported about being broke (You can see it HERE). I was writing some articles and selling some of my movie posters. At this writing, I have one of the four articles I had planned written and submitted. Carey, my former boss at The Fresno Bee, did tell me that they would be using it and had me send in an invoice. I will be paid $400. That's good---I just have to wait a bit longer for the cash.

The posters I quickly sent to auction have, for the most part, NOT fared so well. Some have yet to gone on auction...but, by and large, most of them have sold. I posted their dismal closing prices next to the photos I hastily took of them before I packed them off. They were stuff I didn't want-- duplicates or things that I just didn't "need". I really did NOT expect them to do well, but...

Today I got my first check for five of the posters that sold in October. It was sad. Because the prices were so low, the commissions were so high. Those that made above $20 and less that $29.99 have a 50% commission. Ouch! Those that sell less between $12 and $19.99 have a 60% commission. Dang!


My check was for a walloping $38.60---far less than I had spent on the posters in the first place. Oh well. I was able to buy a few groceries. Including some cheap frozen things---Best Value is the brand and I got several entrees (lasagna, meatloaf, chicken parts, etc.) for $1.88 each. I'm afraid to ask what parts the "meat" came from--eeek!--but it's food.



$38.60? I'm THAT much closer to retirement. NOT!

CHEERS!

Comments