Legs / feet update #7 -- MRI results


Last week I had an MRI (You can read about that ordeal HERE). My neurologist was checking my head to see if there was anything (a tumor, a slow bleed, a lesion, etc.) that could be causing the problems with my legs and feet. I didn't really think about it, but I kept wondering if perhaps I had MS or some weird form of ALS. I had also had a sinus infection around Halloween and there were a few days in there where my head not only hurt, but my thoughts were extremely foggy and I was having trouble thinking of words I used commonly at work. I was also having greater than usually difficulty speaking and sputtering my thoughts out. I mentioned this to a co-worker, and she said she got like that too when she took antibiotics. Was it just antibiotics? I had almost convinced myself I'd had a little mini-stroke. Surely the MRI would show if anything was wrong.


I got a call yesterday evening while I was at work. I didn't answer the phone because, aside from being on the job, I didn't recognize the number that was calling. A few minutes later a voicemail popped up. It was Sandy, the receptionist for Dr. Wolf, calling to let me know that the MRI results were in. She asked me to call her back.  As there was only the patient and a co-worker (a very cool co-worker---not someone who would report me for using the phone), I immediately called back.

Sandy answered quickly. She told me that everything appeared normal and appropriate for my age. Everything was fine. She also said the doctor wanted to know how I felt.I told her I was happy about the MRI results, but my feet still hurt. I didn't elaborate because of those around me, but...

While it IS uber-groovy to know I am "normal", it puts me right back where I was before. What is causing my legs to have such a hard time walking? Jeepers. There MUST be a reason. I'll see what he says whenever I have my next appointment.

CHEERS!

The next update is HERE.

Comments

Gee, what a dilemma. On the one hand, thank God the MRI came back normal and your head is okay, you don't have brain tumour or some such ugly thing, but then again, what is wrong with you? Keep at it, don't let the docs discourage you from pursuing this!
Monster A Go-Go said…
Thanks. I really WILL keep at it. My choice is what? Not being able to move/go anywhere? No thanks! CHEERS!
Mikey said…
Glad to hear they didn't find anything bad, but now to figure out what is actually wrong? Hope you have the answer soon! What's next to try?
Monster A Go-Go said…
I don't know what the next step is yet. There was talk of testing me for heavy metals, like mercury or lead ...but how would I have come in contact with them? I'm also considering a chiropractor or acupuncturist. I'll do anything. I want my legs/feet back. I'll keep you posted.