Leg update #8

Well...I am still directionless when it comes to my legs. My neurologist basically quit me when the MRI a while ago came back showing my brain was normal (No snide remarks about that, please! Ha!). My primary doctor thought it might be rheumatoid arthritis and, two weeks ago, I had all sorts of labs done checking just about everything (including--somehow--for prostate cancer!?) No prostate cancer. No diabetes. And NO rheumatoid arthritis.

Drat! NOT that I wanted any of those things...but I was at least HOPING for a diagnosis so I could seek treatment. What the hell is wrong with my legs?!?!

The next step is...return to the neurologist. Not Dr. Wolf. According to my primary, Dr. Wolf had a family emergency and is closing up shop and moving back to Transylvania (He is REALLY from there. I'm NOT making it up).  Instead, my primary wants me to get a second opinion from a different neuro guy. The office is making the referral now and I should get a call for an appointment soon. But if that's a dead end...what then?

In the mean time, my pain continues, my weight is going up, my testosterone is plummeting and I continue to hobble along without answers.

I need something to help me get some exercise. I'm actually contemplating buying a rowing machine just so I can work my upper half without having to use my legs. (There is one in my Amazon cart now. Maybe after my tax refund....if I actually get a refund...)

There was talk of physical therapy as well, but I think that was curtailed until after I visit the new neurologist. My next visit with my primary is in September.

I'll keep you posted.

CHEERS!

The next update is HERE.

Comments

Mildred Pierce said…
Your testosterone is plummeting? I didn't realize you had any to begin with.
Monster A Go-Go said…
Dah-ling, any time I look at or even think of you, how could it NOT plummet? Eeek!