My Coronavirus Diary Part 30



Happy Easter.

There are now more than half a million cases of the coronavirus here in the United States. More than 20,000 people have died here due to complications from the virus, making our mortality rate the highest in the world.

A really scary development in the fight against the virus is the report coming from South Korea that indicates that those who have had the virus are not immune from it and can get it again. The World Health Organization is investigating this disturbing discovery.

President Trump seems to be taking an already horrendous situation and making it even worse. Several reports claim that he is practically playing God with requested equipment, such as ventilators and P.P.E., and giving it to those states that are Republican leaning. Colorado's governor (Democrat) begged the government for 10,000 venilators, ordered 500 from a private company--and had those 500 seized by FEMA, leaving them with nothing. A request from a Republican senator from the state got the feds to finally give them 100 ventilators. Shocking. But not surprising.

The sign below is a fake, but the picture of bodies being buried in a mass grave below it is real.


An article from the UK suggests that the president's bungling of the coronavirus crisis response could open him up to legal consequence in regards to International Human Rights Law. As the piece reads, Trumps rampant disinformation ("It's just the flu"), keeping immigrants (with no criminal records) in crowded camps (including children) where there is a high risk of contracting the virus, "the president has made decisions that will likely have cost hundreds of thousands of Americans their lives."



But, despite the tragedy and horror caused by the virus and some of our elected officials, today is also Easter. There are no (or shouldn't be) family gatherings, no egg hunts, no church services. And yet, people have been coming up with ways of celebrating outside of the box.

The Easter Bunny is on his way---and the coronavirus can't stop him. He has been appearing in small towns across the country, practicing social distancing, and bringing joy to all of the children that he meets. 

There are plenty of ways to celebrate the holiday while still staying safe. A quick search of the internet will bring up dozens of ideas. I even came across a virtual Easter egg hunt for the kids.

My friend Christa in Santa Monica earlier sent a link to an interview with singer Andrea Bocelli, who will be singing alone in the Duomo Cathedral in Milan on Easter. The concert (scheduled at 10 a.m. Pacific Time) can be viewed on YouTube live HERE.

My friend Linda sent me this:



In regards to the fence situation, I heard back from my neighbors. If you'll recall I responded to their response about having me agree to having their contractor give me a bid for repairs. I countered, saying I had people coming out. A few of those coming to appraise the fence for repairs had suggested I could get repairs done for $300 or less.

They responded with:

We are not sure how the fence can be repaired in that price range in the current condition that they are in, but if that is what the fence repair person says without having seen the fence then I guess that may be true. We are starting replacement on Monday, so the repair people that you are calling to come out don't need to stop by. We are just confused on how an 18 year old fence can be repaired for that cheap. May we ask what condition you said the fence was in, and what repairs would they be doing? I know this is a troubling time, but this is something that needs to get done. I hope we can come to an agreement.

To which I wrote:

I told the fence people that, yes, the fence is about 20 years old. While the wood is old, none of the fence boards are broken (at least that I can see from my side). However, three of the support posts are wobbly and need to be replaced. Let's just wait and see what the final estimates are.  

****

They had written "We are starting replacement on Monday, so the repair people that you are calling to come out don't need to stop by." I am hoping that means they're just going to go ahead and put a new fence in regardless. I have not given permission--but if they do it, I am not giving them any more than my suggested half of the repairs---$150. Again, as I shared yesterday, the cities of Fresno and Clovis (where I live) have made the shelter in place laws mandatory and are fining individuals who break it. If they get shut down, I am not responsible for their being there. I am being railroaded into this fence business with almost no warning at all. We will see what happens.

Besides, it is Easter. Celebrate! Here is my feeble attempt at ringing in the spring holiday.





Stay SAFE. Stay SHELTERED. Stay ALIVE.

Happy Easter.

Cheers!



To continue to the next part click HERE.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Easter, dear Shawn, we love you! Robin and Skye
Monster A Go-Go said…
Happy Easter and love back at ya! I hope you have an eggs-cellent day! (B_A_D pun...sorry).

CHEERS!
Miss Medina said…
Happy Easter my friend! 💛
Monster A Go-Go said…
Happy Easter to you as well, Sarah. Cheers!
A belated Happy Easter. Finally getting to your last posted. You did a nice job with those Easter eggs!
Monster A Go-Go said…
Thank you, Christa. I hope you had a swell Easter as well. CHEERS!