Fake Jan Day 2022

 

Happy Fake Jan Day!

I know....it's just been crazy lately with all of these holidays. Last week was Christmas. Friday was New Year's Eve and just yesterday it was New Year's Day...and now (Gasp!) it's the biggest (fake) holiday of all... FAKE JAN DAY 2022*! Are you ready for it? Got your cheese ball?  I should hope so. And, of course, what would Fake Jan Day be without a video by me? This year, I managed to pull another one out of thin air. I was inspired by my recent relocation to Washington, as you'll see. My friends Nedra and Erich are here, so they helped--immensely. Take a peek. The short video is below and, as usual, keep watching---even after the music stops and "The End" has flashed....there's a little tidbit hiding at the very end.

I so wish there had been a behind-the-scenes camera crew filming a making of documentary. As rushed as this was, my friends and I were howling with laughter making this. And the poor Fake Jan Day cheese ball... Such trauma it endured. First of all, when I went to unwrap it from its plastic covering, we were all grossed out to discover that it was (EEEEW!) moldy. But, we needed it. So, choosing its least moldy side (and removing some of the mold that was visible), it got slapped onto a candle so it could be raised and lowered for the various takes. It fell off onto the floor several times, but...

After throwing it away, I realized I had neglected to get it in close up. Oops! I had to scrounge it out of the trash and reset the shot. Only, I dropped it yet again and put a big ding in the lower part of its "good side". We eventually got the shot and back in the trash it went. 

For the shot of me eating some of the cheese ball on a cracker, fortunately we had gotten a similar-looking non-moldy cheese log to serve as a munchie before Christmas dinner. 

Ah well, another Fake Jan Day video done. Whoo hoo!

CHEERS!


PS For more Fake Jan Day fun, here's a link to last year's post about Fake Jan Day 2021.

* For those who do not understand, back in mid-70's, THE BRADY BUNCH was resurrected as a one hour TV variety show (Really!), THE BRADY BUNCH VARIETY HOUR or later, THE BRADY BUNCH HOUR. The entire cast came back for this disco-tinged fiasco...except for Eve Plumb who played Jan. A new Jan was found and actress Geri Reischl stepped into the part. She was fine...but she was noticeably NOT Jan. Today, Jan 2 (aka "Jan the 2nd" or just plain Fake Jan Day) we celebrate this amazing misstep in pop culture history. Do The Hustle and join the cheese ball celebration!


Comments

You guys are simply hilarious. And crazy, too!
Happy Whatever Day.
Happy New Year.
Cheers!
Monster A Go-Go said…
Hey Christa! Thanks for checking it out and watching the video. Happy whatever day,? I've been celebrating Fake Jan Day longer than I've known you.How have you NOT heard of it? Cheers
Mike O said…
Huge applause for this!! Loved the video, and the behind the scenes commentary made it even better the 2nd time I watched it!! Had never heard of Fake Jan Day, so thanks for the explanation at the end. I will now be celebrating it! 🤙😊🍹
Monster A Go-Go said…
MIKE: Gasp! NEVER HEARD of Fake Jan Day? O' the HORROR of it all. How had you possibly gotten this far in life withOUT knowing anything about such a gloriously cheese ball holiday as Fake Jan Day? Guess there's no time like the present to become initiated to Fake Jan Day. (Plus it is a great excuse to devour a cheese ball! Ha!) Cheers!